distraction thy name is Pokemon
November was going pretty well, in fact I was even keeping a NaNo pace at the start. And then Pokemon Sun/Moon came out. I’m sure you can fill in the blanks ;p
As for the actual goals I completed Sugar Cane and Swam Monsters at 15,000 words, and I completed Glass Slippers rewrites at 39,000 words. The edits aren’t quite finished, I still need to do a read through and a scour through before it goes to beta readers, but considering how many new words went into and shuffling of scenes and ideas and subsequent fact/continuity checking this is still a pretty good result. Sadly, I didn’t get around to Charming Rivals or ‘Skeleton Romance’, though I did a lot of thinking about ‘Skeleton Romance’ and its climax.
For December I’m keeping the goals light as school lets out early so I’ll have both kids all day every day – except when I go to work! I want to:
- Finish Glass Slippers edits and get it to betas
- Complete edits based on writers group feedback of Charming Rivals
- Complete (or at least continue) ‘Skeleton Romance’ first draft
I’d love to have December as a ‘race to the finish’ but we’ll see how things go.
I did so well in April I worry it might be hard to follow. I can’t help but wonder, I set less goals for April, then got more done than expected. Should I follow that model?
- Finish Charming Rivals
- Using Vision Writers feedback clean up (working title) Kitsune In Space, give it an actual title, and submit to the anthology I wrote it for
- Tinker with the possibility of a print edition of The Troll’s Toll. I worry it’s too short to be worth making into a paperback, but I’d like to try and see, even if I end up wasting a couple of days learning the software only to discover it is a futile effort, I’ll still have learned how to wrangle the software for future endeavors
- Set up a submission for the Richelle Prize
- Sit my ass down and really try to nut out the ending of (working title) Skeleton Romance so I can finish it
- Start, ideally finish, first draft of Naught For Charming
- Work on one of those NaNo novels I never finished (at the moment I lean far more towards Tucca of the Tides, but we’ll see)
I’m probably setting myself up a bit for failure considering this first week and a half of May is filled with social events (autism seminars, a destination wedding, packing for extended holidaying around aforementioned wedding) but hey, aim high 🙂