It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, maybe that’s why I suddenly feel like I’m this cat ;p
This past month I wrote the entire first draft of Charming Rivals (16,300 words), did a revision of Glass Slippers, and also wrote, edited, and submitted Hanabi to Kitsune (5,700 words). That’s 22,000 brand new words (there’s a reasonable number of new words in revision, but it’s much harder to track).
After several months and only really scraping together a couple of thousand words and almost the only editing I did was with professional editors for stories I’d already sold, to suddenly slam out 22,000 words and then some in one month feels like powering through.
Now to see if I can maintain the momentum.
For October I’d like to:
- Revise Charming Rivals and start getting feedback on it.
- Take the feedback from my writers group for the first 5,000 words of Glass Slippers and use it
- After the above get feedback on Glass Slippers as a whole and revise
- Assuming the above is completed hire an editor and begin the process of professionally editing Glass Slippers
- Write the first draft of Nix, Naught, Nothing (the third Charming For Hire story from the Retailored Fairy Tales world
I also hope to find the time to tinker with the new My Book Table 3 plugin which I backed on Kickstarter. I want to check out this ‘beautiful page’ mode and see how sexy it is 😀